A home guide (or house manual) is a digital or printed booklet provide the guests them with all the valuable information for comfortable and smooth stay. The guide furnishes detailed instructions for the guests that focus more on their trip and help the settle in their rented property. It serves as the ultimate property management tool.
Essentially, a home guide consists of 5 main parts. Each segment covers in detail all that the guests need to know during their stay:
- A gracious welcome note – A warm and delightful greeting for the guests, so that they would feel welcome, honored and appreciated – anything to make them feel at home and relaxed.
- Where to find the essential items? – A detailed guide to all essentials and their rightful locations in the house. Essentials could include all the basics, such as the Wi-Fi, the entrances, exits, fire extinguishers, emergency first aid kits, locations of towels, toiletries, utensils or the iron, etc.
- All the recommended sites, spots and shops – A guide for the guests to the nearest bus stations, taxi stands, subway stations or any other method of transportation, etc; any appealing restaurants nearby or must-visit tourist attractions; closest pharmacies, hospitals, delis, coffee shops or grocery stores that are open throughout the day and night, etc.
- Installed Appliance working instructions – A section dedicated to detailed instructions on how to run the electronic appliances, such as the television, dishwasher, washing machines, hair dryers, showers, air conditioning or heating, etc. This needs to contain a bit of visual data too, so the guests could understand more easily.
- Home guest conduct rules – Some basic ground rules, about rooms and areas out of bounds, any devices or sections not to be touched; on locking doors to opening windows or time restrictions regarding playing loud noises, etc.
HOME GUIDES – Do they really help in property management?
Here are four great ways how home guides help in property management:
- Home guides are very convenient in helping your guests in understanding how things work around the house as a DIY application (how to turn on the washing machine, or put the television cable on without having to call the property manager for queries).
- The guide provides the guests with a lot of space (through hassle free check ins) keeping them focused on their trip’s purpose.
- Home guides help and assist guests. It results in top notch reviews and ratings. All such future guests who value past guest ratings would love to stay in well reputed properties. It will attract more guests as you will be recommended by all those who had a pleasant experience at your property
- The home guide is a great tool for a property manager to show the volume of care and professionalism. This is a serious method of making a personal, warm and personable connection with property guests. It serves dual purpose; firstly, it improves the quality of guest stay but also guarantees better property management and preservation.
Home guides are vital for proper property management. It cuts both ways by providing the guests with unassisted property orientation material. On the other hand, it helps the property manager in creating better guest experience and land more business.