Are you planning on renting out your home? If so, in this issue of our LA Rental Property tips we will provide you with 3 things you can do to rent your home fast.
#1 – Improve Curb Appeal
Never underestimate the power of curb appeal because it’s going to motivate potential renters to get out of their cars and stop by your house to see if they would be interested in renting your home or not.
If it’s been a while since you updated your homes curb appeal you should do the following:
- Clean up the property – Remove old plants, shrubs and trees.
- Rent a power washer – Power wash your driveway, sidewalk, and exterior of your home.
- Plant new flowers – Take the time to plant new colorful flowers in front of your home.
- Mow/trim your yard – This is an important thing to do because a freshly cut lawn will make your home feel open and inviting.
- Install and improve irrigation – Since maintaining a landscape is often difficult for some tenants you should also take the time to install and improve the irrigation to make watering as easy possible for your future tenants.
#2 – Paint Inside Your Home
Take the time to paint the rooms inside of your home neutral colors.
Doing this will help to clean up your rental property and make it feel new, fresh, and inviting by potential renters.
#3 – Replace Old Flooring
There’s nothing worse than entering a rental property only to find old flooring.
If your rental has old carpeting you should remove it immediately and replace that flooring with vinyl flooring or depending on the age of your home you should leave the wood floor exposed (if it has it) because more renters love wood floors.