Real Estate involves a long string of possibilities, from acquiring a shallow land to buying an apartment on the Trump Towers. Simply put, Real Estate talks about lands, building, immovable property as well as other noticeable physical improvements affixed to the land. It is actually a broad spectrum of possibilities. Most importantly, it gives you a place to call home.
Real Estate is not a good option. The proverbial monkey would say “East, West; Home is the best.” Real Estate gives you home. Real Estate is the best option. Well, this is when you look at it from the investing point of view—it is quite important to note that investment opinions differ. A human that has never needed to use Real Estate (land, buildings etc.) is yet to be seen. Real Estate is an integral element of our daily lives, this therefore forms and amplifies the intrinsic value it has as an investment, but you might not have been taking very conscious notice of it. We can’t really do without it.
This begs the question; why are people too reluctant in investing in Real Estate? For something so valuable and hardly indispensable, one would expect the market would always be saturated by investors. However, this is not the case.
Investing in Real Estate involves much more than a realtor pitching to you about nice houses for sale or houses for rent. It involves acquiring a prized property put on for sale by the owner. It could be apartments, or even condos. Whichever way it is done, provided the deal is a fair one, Real Estate is one industry one needs to jump in on this very moment (condos are nice to live in, as well as invest in)
Why Real Estate is the best option:
- It has an intrinsic value: Unlike so many other investment portfolios that has no actual value it is offering the society, Real Estate offers great value to the society and also has intrinsic value in itself.
- Its value continually increases in the market: Real Estate property experiences continuous and unlimited increase in value. Some people claim it is the dollar losing value. Even at that, it is still a good way of staying off losses induced by inflation and some other economic policies.
- It gives you this feeling of fulfilment: There is no greater feeling than that one experiences in stepping into a real estate property one owns. Even if you bought it newly, or you developed and sold off, there is still the joy. An unadulterated version of joy.
- Taxation on real estate in the United States is quite favourable and encouraging for investors. It makes sense; if the government decides to maim us with taxes, we pull out of the business and the bulk of property in the country remain underdeveloped, this will in turn affect EVERY OTHER SECTOR, from banking down to tech. No industry can do without real estate. With these sectors affected, government revenue through taxation of these industries gets affected too. You see? Simple.
- Real Estate is a tangible portfolio: When Forex traders and Crypto traders try to sell investment packages to people, a number of them do not buy on the basis of their innate conviction to only invest on things they could “see”. As much as this is funny, it is true. A lot of people, especially middle aged people, find it hard to invest in digital products. Real Estate doesn’t have this problem. It is a very tangible investment.
- There are so many options for monetization: In Real Estate, there are so many ways to earn. So many awesome ways. You could decide to lease, or rent, or sell. Then, there is amortization and some other complex ways of monetization. Real Estate gives you that flexibility and leverage.
These are some of the reasons we opine that Real Estate is the best option. However, going to invest in Real Estate can be a little bit tricky, but not impossible. Succeeding at Real Estate Investing becomes easier when you;
- Seek professional advice: They are called professionals for a reason. Real Estate is what they do full time. It is only very advisable that you seek their counsel first, before any move. Unless you are a professional yourself, you really need to seek professional advice. We have high level real estate experts at the Los Angeles Property Management Group. You can talk to us.
- Study the market carefully: Just like every other venture, studying the market is very important. Studying the market is as important in Real Estate as much as it is in Stockbroking, if not more. Do your due diligence, study the market, know when to invest, when to stay neutral (no investment or sale) and when to sell and exit the market.
- Do not try to rush the process: Real Estate is not a get rich quick scheme. It is in fact so far from it that I believe no field could be farther. To actually excel in Real Estate, one needs patience, a lot of it. If you try to rush the process, you will end up losing out. Take it gently, one step at a time. Property takes time to develop fully ergo bringing revenue.
If you keep to these three rules, and exercise patience enough (as is needed in every walk of life) you will really excel at Real Estate investing. You will find out that Real Estate, when done properly, is the least stressful business one can do. It’s more like passive income on autopilot, but not exactly. When your property is at optimum, and the market favourable, the cash flow will be too noticeable to call “passive” and as little as it might seem, you need to supervise and watch your property closely which leaves the autopilot option out, or better still, hire professional managers; which is what we do at Los Angeles Property Management Group. Give us a call now. In the latter arrangement, it is safe to say you made the autopilot mode possible by funding. But from our experience so far, most property owners always want to check up on their assets periodically.
The best time to invest in Real Estate was 10 years ago, the second best time is now!